Megan E. Smith devotes her practice to matrimonial, divorce, and family law, and is a trained collaborative lawyer and divorce mediator. She works with clients in all areas of matrimonial and family law, including the developing area of LGBT law as it relates to children and families. Her practice is concentrated in divorce, dissolution of civil unions, termination of domestic partnerships, custody, parenting time, child support, alimony, equitable distribution and pre-nuptial planning as well as related post-judgment issues, such as emancipation, support enforcement, and implementation of settlement agreements.
J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 2006
B.A., Penn State University, 2002
Dean’s List; Academic All-American
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey State Bar Association
Pennsylvania State Bar Association
Mercer County Bar Association
Burlington County Bar Association
New Jersey Association for Justice
Thomas Forkin Inn of Court
Independence Business Alliance
Board Member, Co-chair Membership Committee
Capital Health Women in Philanthropy
Secretary, Board Member
- Support Staff: Matrimonial Law. New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar. May 1, 2015.
- Changes in Alimony Laws and Conducting Family Law Investigations. New Jersey Licensed Private Investigators Associations Spring 2015 Training Conference. April 2, 2015.
- Understanding the New Alimony Law. October 2, 2014.
- Co-Chair. Support Staff Matrimonial Law. New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar. May 2, 2014.
- Pleadings and Discovery. New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar. May 2, 2014.
- Featured, Leading Ladies. South Jersey Magazine. October 2015.